Remove Office from Mac Manually – As you must know, the Microsoft Office also offers applications for Mac users as well. This means you can purchase all the services offered by the Microsoft Office suite for your Mac device as well. For that, you can visit office.com/setup and choose the desired application.
It is easy to install a new application on your device. But when it comes to removing it, the process can be difficult. Although, the Microsoft Office offers a tool to remove the Microsoft office from the device. But if you wish to remove Office from Mac manually then this blog can help you with the same.
STEP 1 – REMOVE OFFICE FOR MAC APPLICATIONS
To remove Office from Mac manually, you need to start by removing the Microsoft Office application from the device. Follow these steps:
- On your Mac computer, go to the Finder.
- Now click on the Applications tab.
- Here navigate to all the Microsoft Office subscription and right-click on them.
- Choose to Remove or Move to Trash button from the given options.
- You can do the same for the other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Once done, move to the next steps to remove Office from Mac manually.
STEP 2 – REMOVE THE FILES FROM USERS LIBRARY
You have deleted the applications from the device, but you are also required to delete the files associated with the Microsoft Office 2011. For that, you need to find them and manually delete them.
Here are the steps that you can try to remove the files from the user library.
- On your Mac, go to the Finder.
- Here, press Command + Shift + h altogether.
- Go to the view option in the next step and choose to the list view and click on Show Library Folder.
- Go back to the Finder and select all the files related to the Microsoft and move to the Trash.
Once done with the above step, go to the next to remove Office from Mac manually.
STEP 3 – DELETE ALL THE FILES FROM DOCK
If there is any file related to the Microsoft Office added to the Dock then you need to manually remove it by following these steps:
- Simply go to the application on the dock and tap on them.
- After that, choose for Remove from Dock button.
STEP 4 – REMOVE FROM DOCK AND RESTART DEVICE
Once you have deleted the files, they get into the trash can. To completely remove Office from Mac manually, you need to empty the trash as well.
- Launch the Trash on your device.
- Go to the Empty Trash button on your screen.
- If prompted, give the permission to remove the files.
- Once you are done with all the above-listed steps, Restart the Mac.
Congratulations! You have successfully removed Office from Mac manually.
SIMILAR QUERIES – OFFICE.COM/SETUP
- Uninstall Office 2011 Mac after installing 2016
- Remove Office 2011 Mac
- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 Mac
- Uninstall Office 2016 Mac script
- How to uninstall Office 2011 Macbook
- Uninstall Office 2008 Mac
- Repair Office for Mac 2016
- Should I uninstall Office 2011 for Mac before installing Office 365
- Uninstall Office Mac
- How to remove Office license files on a Mac
- Complete uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 Mac